Thursday, January 1, 2009

Besties





I have had the same best friend ever since I can remember, but four years ago she moved far away. Naturally that didn't stop her from being my bestie, we still talked all the time and shared our secrets. Then I met another girl who became my best friend in a different way, in a way that nobody ever has. This girl worries about me, helps me when I'm hurting or when I'm angry. So I thought what a lucky girl I was having two awesome best friends. Then when a huge step in my life came for me to take the only one there for me was my newest found bestie. I tried to reach out to the one that has been there since I was young. but she was nowhere to be found. I have become so confused as to what it was that made her not care about me....about us! I want a friend to care not because she is obligated to, but because she actually does care. So I realized that even though me and my first ever best friend share a wonderful past that she for some reason has drifted away from my future. It hurts in so many ways because I love her to no end and I owe her in so many ways, but I guess that time has come to say goodbye to my past. I don't feel I'm replacing her with the the best friend I have come to love now, I just think that I have found another best friend who is attached to my future and knows who I am now and who I want to be.

1 comment: