Saturday, January 10, 2009

New Girl in Town




I have not really had to make new friends since I was a little girl. All the new friends in my lifetime came from meeting them through the old friends. So being in a state where you know absolutely nobody but your dog, it becomes kinda lonely. I dont even know how to go about meeting people to be friends with. I dont drink so i cant go pick up friends at a bar, if that even was an option (giggles). So what am i supposed to go to the mall or somewhere and scream "hey who wants to hang out and be my friend?" I feel like maybe I will meet some people when I start school, but what if I don't? I am kinda shy when it comes to strangers, so I can't see myself takling to them. Perhaps I should fly Sarah here and she can go find me some friends because she is very outgoing and has no problems with talking to strangers. My husband trys to hook me up with his millitary buddies wives, but the ones he has given my number to just don't seem like girls I would hang out with. I guess I really can't be picky right now can I? This is crazy! I could put an add in the paper "crazy new girl from texas looking to meet nice girls to befriend". (I promise im not crazy)

3 comments:

  1. are you in foco? i know that since i am married and out of school, i have the hardest time finding new, fun girlfriends! all my friends live in denver or in the mountains. they aren't reachable for a spontanious girls night out or whatever. anyway, i think going to school will really help you out there. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you must be an incredibly strong woman to weather your husband being in iraq. my brother was there for a little while when he was in the marines and by the grace of god returned home safely. i live in fort collins and don't really know anyone down in the springs, sadly. hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about Cody and I move to Colorado and then we can just hang out? I think that sounds like a plan. I will start working that out. :) Haha.

    ReplyDelete